This document explains how to manually configure a Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) switch. Also, the document explains how to use the SAS Domain Manager to create storage configurations in the SAS domain.
Log in to the SAS switch
The following table provides the default values that you have to specify when you log in to the LSI SAS Domain Manager.
|Activation zone password||lynx|
Configure the SAS switch
- In a browser of your choice, specify the following default URL:
Note: If you have already configured your SAS switch, specify the new IP address instead of the default one.
- In the management GUI, click Devices.
- Create Aliases.
- Click the SAS device in the tree (in the left pane) for which you want to create an alias.
- Specify an alias of up to 24 characters in the Enter alias field.
- Click Apply.
- Create Zone Groups.
- Click Create Zone Group in the left pane.
- Specify a name in the Zone Group Name field.
- Select members for the Zone Group from the drop-down list.
- Create Zone Set to map the zone groups which need to communicate with each other.
The following screen shows JBOD104106GRP configured to communicate with
- Node N104GRP
- Node N106GRP
- Activate zone set for the configurations to take effect.
- Click Activate/Deactive Zone Set in the left pane.
- Select Activate a Zone Set option.
- Select a Zone Set from the drop-down list.
- Specify the default zone manager password:
Note:All the devices connected to the SAS switch are listed. If the devices are connected in a daisy chain fashion, the devices are listed in a tree structure.
Note: CloudByte recommends you to create a dedicated Zone Group for each initiator/target connected to the SAS switch.