Back up NIC
For the NIC that you have chosen during the installation, you can set up a backup using ElastiCenter. The redundancy prevents interruption of management network access and connection among the Nodes or between Node and ElastiCenter.
Configuring redundant NIC
The NIC and the backup NIC should be on the same network.
- In the Nodes page, click Network Interface Cards (Actions pane > Network Interface Cards)
- Click Configure Backup Interface.
- In the dialog, select a NIC as the backup from the drop-down list.
- Click OK.
Back up LAGG
For the LAGG that you have added (Add LAGG) you can set up a back up. The following sections explain the procedures. Backing up your lagg assures that the VSMs are always accessible.
All the NICs in the primary LAGG and backup LAGG should be on the same network.
- In the HA Groups page, click Manage LAGG interface (Actions pane > Manage LAGG interfaces).
- In the Actions pane, click Configure Backup Interface.
- Specify the following details:
- For LAGG interface 1, select the LAGG for which you want to configure back up.
- In the LAGG interface 2 field, select the LAGG for back up.
- Click OK.