iDRAC (Integrated Dell Remote Access Card) configuration utility is accessed at boot time, and is useful when installing a new PowerEdge server.
iDRAC alerts you when an issue occurs, enables streamlined local and remote server management, and reduces or eliminates the need for administrators to physically visit the server.
Modifying iDRAC Settings
- Switch on your Dell PowerEdge R720/Dell PowerEdge R820 system.
- Press <F2> to enter System Setup Main Menu screen.
- Select iDRAC Settings from the System Setup Main Menu (F2 > iDRAC Settings).
- Use the arrow keys to select Network.
- Configure the user defined name,network details for IP, netmask, gateway, and DNS addresses.
- After you make the changes to the iDRAC configuration, press the <Esc> key to display the Exit menu.
- Select Save Changes and Exit and then press <Enter> to retain your changes.
- Enter into the BIOS through iDRAC terminal. The default login credentials are:
- Click Submit.
Username: root Password: calvin