Versions from which you can upgrade
If you are using the following versions of ElastiStor, you can upgrade to ElastiStor 1.4.0 Patch 5.
You have the following two installation options:
- Upgrade: Upgrades from any of the versions mentioned in Versions from which you can upgrade to ElastiStor 1.4.0 Patch 5.
- New Installation: Replaces the current version of ElastiStor with ElastiStor 1.4.0 Patch 5.
- Either have IPMI access or physical access to ESA.
- Both the Nodes in ESA are in sync with each other (see step 12 in the following section Workflow).
- Back up ElastiCenter and Node configurations. For details, see Back up configurations.
AssumptionsThe document assumes the following:
- Node 1 is the primary Node and hosts Pool 1.
- Node 2 is the secondary Node and hosts Pool 2.
|Step||Node 1 (Primary)||Node 2 (Secondary)|
|1||a. Bring the Node to the Maintenance mode. b. Power off the Node.|
|4||Perform the procedures in the following section Upgrade procedures. On successful upgrade, the Node comes online as secondary Node .|
|5||Move the Node to the Available mode. Pool 1 is moved back to Node 1.|
|6||a. Bring the Node to the Maintenance mode. b. Power off the Node.|
|9||Perform the procedures in the following section Upgrade procedures. On successful upgrade, the Node comes online as secondary Node.|
|10||Move the Node to the Available mode. Pool 2 is moved back to Node 2.|
|11||In the ElastiCenter Notification menu, click admin pane and then select ElastiCenter HA.|
|12||Ensure that both the Nodes are in sync with each other as shown in the following screen (screen 1).|
|13||Confirm that the version number (provided in the release notes) matches the one provided in the following screen (screen 2).|
- Boot up your server and insert the CloudByte ElastiStor installation disk into your computer’s DVD or CD drive. The installation starts up and the following screen with the boot options appear:
By default, the boot option Boot CloudByte ElastiStor is selected. Do not interfere.
The Welcome screen appears.
- In the following screen, accept the license information.
- Select Upgrade in the following screen:
The upgrade progresses as shown in the following screen:
The upgrade completes and the following screen appears:
After installing the packages, CloudByte ElastiStor reboots (indicated by the following screen).
Wait till the system automatically reboots. The following screen welcomes you after the reboot:
The following screen with a login prompt indicates that upgrade is successful. You can proceed to configure CloudByte ElastiStor.
You can now
- Launch ElastiCenter in Mozilla Firefox Web browser (by specifying the URL, provided in the
Network Configuration Details, in the format
- Log in.
- Perform the configuration procedures. For details, see
“Configuring CloudByte ElastiStor”.