Grace is the provisioning of unused IOPS/throughput of Pools to Storage Volumes based on the performance requirements. You can configure Grace at Pool level and Storage Volume level.
For example, assume that you have a Pool with the capacity of 100 IOPS and Grace enabled. Two TSMs named TSM A and TSM B, with a capacity of 30 IOPS and 60 IOPS respectively are created under the Pool.
- Under TSM A (with 30 IOPS capacity), Storage Volumes named E and F are created, and assigned 10 IOPS and 15 IOPS respectively.
- Under TSM B (with 60 IOPS capacity), Storage Volume G is created and assigned 35 IOPS.
- The grace available in this scenario is 40 IOPS.
Configuring Grace at the Pool Level
Grace is enabled by default at the Pool level. You can edit Grace after creating the Pool.To edit,
- Go to the Pool page and then in the actions pane, click Settings.
- Click Edit and then choose to enable/disable Grace.
Configuring Grace at the Storage Volume level
To enable Grace at the Storage Volume level, ensure that Grace is enabled at the respective Pool level.To edit,
- Go to the Storage Volume page and then in the actions pane, click Settings.
- Click Edit and then choose to enable/disable Grace
- Click Save.