The objective of VSM migration is to optimize QoS. VSM migration helps to control the QoS parameters within a Pool and to move data.
You can migrate VSM from a Pool to another within the same Node or to a different Node. Also, you can migrate VSMs across Sites.
To migrate VSM,
- In the VSM page, select a VSM from the list.
- In the actions pane, click Schedule.
- In the following page, specify the required details:
|Site||Select a Site to migrate the VSM.|
|IOPS||The IOPS of the primary VSM is populated by default. You can modify the value to provision IOPS required for migration.|
|Throughput||The throughput of the primary VSM is populated by default. You cannot modify this value as this depends on IOPS and Block Size.|
- Click Next.
- Select the Pool to migrate VSM and then click Next.
- Select the Backup interface, IP Address, and schedule of migration (in the format minutes/hours/days/month/year).
- Click Add to create migrant VSM.
Migrant VSM activation
- The Migrant VSM can be activated only after the base snapshot is successfully transferred from the primary VSM. You can check the status of data transfer by clicking View Transfer Status (Actions > Tasks).
- The backup interface and IP address range of the native and the migrant VSMs must be same.
Note: After activation, this backup IP address will not be active and therefore need to be removed at the Pool level.
- In the migrant VSM page, click Settings in the Actions pane.
- In the Settings page, click Edit and then select an interface from the drop-down list.
- Click Save.
- Click the VSM, the Migrant VSM, and then click Activate.
- At prompt, click Yes.
After the VSM migration is active, the re-mount prompt appears. Ensure that you re-mount the Storage Volumes before you proceed. For details, see Connecting to ElastiStor.