An HA Group houses a group of Nodes. HA Group enables takeover during failures. Workload of a failed Node is assigned to another Node in the same HA Group based on availability and performance requirements.All Nodes in the HA group you create must be on the same
- Public network: used in Node management
- Private network: used in data transfer with VSMs
Use the HA Groups page (ElastiCenter > HA Groups) to create an HA Group.
Creation of HA Groups leads to the formation of High availability Clusters. For details, see Configuring High Availability.
- In the HA Groups page, click Add HA Group.
- Specify the following options and then click HA Group.
- Bring Node1 to maintenance mode.
- Bring Node2 to maintenance mode.
- In the HA Groups page, select the HA Group for which you want to change the Health Check IP address range.
- Click Settings in the actions pane.
- In the following page, click edit and then change the details.
- Click Save
The Add HA Group page appears.
|Site||The Site to which you add the HA Group.|
|Name||Unique name for the HA Group.|
|Description||Meaningful description for the HA Group.|
|HA Group Health Check IP Address Range||Provide a range of dedicated IP addresses (first and last) in the management network. For instance, 10.11.12.11-10.11.12.12. The IP addresses you specify are used to check the heartbeat between Nodes. Note: Ensure that you do not specify the IP addresses used for Node or ElastiCenter.|
Changing the HA Group health check IP address range