CloudByte ElastiStor follows a QOS-centric approach to provisioning. When you provision a VSM, your choice of the Pool depends on the availability of Pools that satisfy the required throughput and IOPS.
Selecting the Pool
- In the ElastiCenter navigation pane, click Tenant Storage Machine.
- Click Add VSM.
- After you specify the VSM details such as Name and the QoS details, click Next.
- In the following screen, select the Pool after evaluating the IOPS.
- Click Next to specify the Network details.
Choosing a VSM to provision Storage Volume
When you provision storage, your choice depends on the availability of VSMs that satisfy the required throughput and IOPS.
To provision storage,
- In ElastiCenter, click Storage Volumes in the navigation pane.
- Click Provision Storage.
- In the following screen, specify the basic storage details and then click Next.
- Select a VSM that satisfies the QoS requirements. The graphical representation helps you with the IOPS data.
- Click Next and then proceed to complete the provisioning.
ElastiStor can automate Node selection and resource allocation if you provide the required SLA/QoS parameters. Sensing the level of storage performance and capacity the application requires, ElastiStor automatically allots the right Pool.
Auto-provisioning is particularly helpful when you have innumerable Pools/VSMs. CloudByte ElastiStor chooses the appropriate Pool/VSM for provisioning automatically.
How to auto-provision
- In ElastiCenter, select Global Settings.
- Click the Edit icon for
- In the Value column, specify
yes(instead of the default
nowhich implies provisioning is manual) as shown in the following screen: